Sunday, August 21, 2016

To do list

This Tuesday saw me heading to beloved Clinic C. After the usual lengthy wait, three hours this time, I was called in to see a different Dr.. This took me by great surprise and I questioned the new to me Dr. numerous times to make sure I was meant to be seeing them and not Dr. Straight to the Point, who is the only ever neurosurgeon I've had an appointment with. I was a little bit frustrated with this meeting because after they had talked about the larger glioma they were about to farewell me until next year but then I questioned them about the other glioma. The look of "what?" went across their face and then a lot of rustling through my file, which is getting even bigger, took place. They eventually found the information and re-assured me that there was no change with that glioma as with the other. Whilst they were looking though all of the notes they were talking in medical terms and I just wanted to stop them and remind them that what they were saying makes no sense to me so please talk to me in terms that I can understand. I sat there and thought what if I was writing a report for your child and wrote about me scaffolding them within their ZPD and encouraging them to increase their associative play as well as me seeing a change in their representational use of objects within their sociodramatic play. Would I do that? No! I wonder why not?! Anyway you're on your own until next June little gliomas. Emotional exhaustion occurs each time these meetings come around, you'd think I'd be able to handle these meetings by now.

This week was brain injury awareness week in Australia. The video that I have posted below came up in my facebook newsfeed. Although I find it a bit over dramatised, in some instances, the words the lady speaks rang so true for me a couple of years ago. I related to every single thing she said and her mentioning venturing into shopping centres, holy smokes, I recall how much of a horrendous task this was to do! I'm lucky because such experiences that the lady talks about no longer occur to me and I never want to experience these again.

Anyway in other parts of my life quite a bit has changed and these changes have been positive (mostly). Life rolls on, seasons change, people come and go but I'm still here trying to...





No comments:

Post a Comment