Sunday, June 21, 2015

Just breathe!






One of the reasons I love working with 4 year olds is that I love seeing them develop socially and emotionally. Call me crazy, but I feel the support given to children in their preschool years in this area of development is more important than a lot of other "stuff" we help children with. I think most ECE would agree. The topic of social and emotional development was probably one of the topics that I enjoyed the most at Uni.

I haven't been feeling that well lately both emotionally and physically and  my usual overwhelming moment of having the MRI occurred last Monday. I saw this clip a couple of weeks prior to my MRI and I just loved the simplicity and honesty of it. It reminded me to breathe in those overwhelming moments. As I lay in that tube, heard the noise, felt the rumble and listened to 'you're doing great Cassandra' said to me a few times I took quite a few deep breaths to calm myself down.

If you're feeling angry, sad or bitter, I encourage you to take a moment and just breathe!



No comments:

Post a Comment